This Privacy Notice covers the activities of W J Arment & Son Limited (known hereunder as ‘we’).
This sets out how we collect and use your personal data. This refers to our customers both in store and online.
When you register as a customer, a licensed seller or sign up to our Pie and Mash Club we may record your name, address, email address, contact telephone number, IP address, a form of ID.
• You may be given an order number which identifies your customer order.
• Trading names, including proof of trading address and sales information may also be stored.
• CCTV images of you may be recorded on our premises.
If you use our website online ordering we may collect:
• Your account password
• Information about your purchases (for example, what you have bought, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it)
• Google analytics information regarding URL, Java and flash enabling, and other browser information;
• Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Website
• Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); and
• Location information based on IP address.
We will also collect additional information from customers who are Licensed Sellers who apply for and/or obtain credit accounts including:
• Your bank account details (or those of the payer);
• Your credit history and other financial information either via credit searches you have authorised as part of your application or that you have provided as part of your application.
Whenever your account is used we will collect transactional information regarding the goods purchased, payment method, date and time of purchase.
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions we may collect:-
• Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our service including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
• Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on.
• Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
From time to time we may be contacted by people who are not an account holder.
In those circumstances we will gather sufficient information to address the query or issue (such as name, address and contact details). In some cases we may need to pass that information on to a third party, such as the delivery contractor (in the event of a product related query) or a third party advisor in order to address the matter in question. Any information obtained will be processed purely for the purpose of the single issue or query raised and will be deleted in line with our retention policy once the matter has been closed.
This section explains in detail how and why we use personal data.
We use your personal data to ensure we can deliver our Services to you as follows:
• Manage the account you hold with us;
• Process your orders and refunds;
• Deliver goods to your premises;
• Communicate with you about your account or the services required;
• Produce invoices and statements and make them available on line for you;
• Consider any application for credit;
• Maintain your credit account;
• Communicate with you in emergencies or in relation to a product recall;
• As evidence of identity for high cash transactions and for the granting of credit;
• Review your purchase history to enhance the online shopping experience via tools such as your Recent Purchases and Copy Previous Order;
• CCTV images are obtained to ensure security and safety.
• We need to process your personal data so that we can manage your customer purchase, provide you with the goods you want to buy and to help you with any orders and refunds you may request. Processing your data in this way is necessary to enable us to fulfil our obligations to you as your supplier.
Data is used to help develop and improve our product range, services, information technology systems, know-how and the way we communicate with you. We rely on the use of personal data to carry out internal and external market research which enables us to serve you better as a customer.
Your data may be processed in order to detect and prevent fraud, other crimes and the misuse of our Services. This helps us to make sure that you can safely use our Services.
On the website we may also use your online browsing behaviour and online purchases to help us cater for your needs and provide personalised offers.
You can state your marketing preferences when you register with us as a customer and can change these at any time after that by notifying us either in writing, via email or by unsubscribing to an email.
You also have choices when it comes to online advertising. We set out below your choices when it comes to cookies, and how you can control your online behavioural advertising preferences.
If we contact you regarding our services it may be by phone, email, text or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us.
We want to serve you better as a customer so we use personal data to provide clarification or assistance in response to your communications and to respond to your queries.
Manage any promotions you take part in.
We’d like to involve you in activities carried out us.
If you tell us that you do not want us to contact you we will abide by this.
This section explains how and why we share personal data with third parties and Service Providers.
When we share personal data with these companies we require them to keep it safe.
We work with carefully selected service providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments, credit checking and those who provide service on our behalf such as delivering orders to your premises, sending communications on our behalf or market research. We only share personal data necessary to enable our Service Providers to provide their services.
This section explains how and why we share personal data with other organisations.
We may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
• If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
• If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk)
• To an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you to. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us;
• any company within our parent company’s group of companies;
• to any other successors in title to our business.
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data.
• We use computer safeguards such as firewalls,data encryption, anti-virus, anti mailware and physical access to authorised personnel to keep your data safe.
• We protect the security of your information, while it is being transmitted to Third Party Suppliers and Service Providers, using secure Peer to Peer Encryption (P2PE), Transport Layer Security (TLS)
When we send any data to any third party we will take steps to ensure the safety of your data.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by companies operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. We will put in place appropriate protection to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with this Notice.
This section explains the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and taking part in market research.
We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these. You change your choices via email, or by unsubscribing.
Cookies help us to provide important features and functionality on our Websites and Mobile Apps.
Cookies allow us to improve the way our Websites and Mobile Apps work so that we can personalise your experience and allow you to use many of their useful features.
Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites and Mobile Apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse.
These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
You can use your browser settings to accept or reject new Cookies and to delete existing Cookies.
If you choose to disable some or all Cookies, you may not be able to make full use of our Websites. For example, you may not be able to add items to your shopping basket and proceed to checkout.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it;
object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact W J Arment & Son Limited in writing.
You will not normally have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact W J Arment & Son Limited. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Complaints to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. You can do this by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office directly. Full contact details, including a helpline number, can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website (www.ico.org.uk). This website has further information on your rights and our obligations.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time. Please check this document from time to time.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact W J Arment & Son Limited, 7 & 9 Westmoreland Road, Walworth SE17 2AX, email@example.com.